Having been a regular customer of meal delivery services since 2016, I’m always on the look out for new players—mainly for added variety. It’s nice being able to rotate between a few different food delivery services each month so I’m not getting tired of the same meals every week.
So when I started seeing ads for Factor, I was curious how they’d stack up against my current favorite, Freshly.
(True story … Freshly was the very first company I ever bought anything from because of an Instagram ad.)
Since I was in the market for a new meal delivery service in my regular rotation, I thought it’d be fun to see how Factor would stack up against Freshly, and if it would be good enough to order from regularly.
To decide, I ordered six meals from Freshly one week and then six meals from Factor the next. I did this for a month which means I tried twelve meals from each company.
Based on my experience with those meals, I compared them in these six categories:
- Taste: Do they taste better than the microwaved meals I grew up eating as a kid?
- Cost/Value: For what you pay and get, is it worth it?
- Variety: How many different meals can I choose from?
- Nutrition: Do the meals meet specific dietary or nutritional requirements?
- Website/App: How user friendly are they?
- Customer Service: If I have I have issues or questions, will I get prompt and helpful answers?
- Worth Mentioning: Things I ran into along the way.
- Overall Winner: Is there a clear winner?
Let’s take a look at who wins each round and ultimately takes the overall crown.